At FALKON DIGITAL LTD (in capitals because this is important) we are a team of really nice Digital Marketers and Website designers so we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are too shy to send you anything without you already opting in or having a legitimate interest in our services, so will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so.
We may change this Policy from time to time, so come back and see us any time. If we make changes to this Policy that will have a substantial impact on you, we will give you advance notice so that you have the opportunity to exercise any rights you have under UK law.
If you are using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are Falkon Digital
Don’t you know who we are?
We are big in Japan you know! However if you haven’t heard of us we are FALKON DIGITAL Ltd, we like coffee, fat Fridays, going to the gym, Piña Coladas and long walks in the rain. We’re also a registered company established in England and Wales (company number 06902921), and our registered office is at 12-14 Shaw’s Road, Altrincham, WA14 1QU.
Falkon Digital as a data controller
FALKON DIGITAL Ltd are responsible adults and the Data Controller of personal information that it receives about you such as:
- through the website www.falkondigital.com
- when you contact our Customer Service team, or make an enquiry or other request
- when you register to receive communication, enter Falkon Digital competitions, register for offers
- FALKON DIGITAL Ltd is a Data Processor of the personal information it receives on Falkon Digital websites and social media.
If you would like access to, or a copy of the personal information we hold about you; to request a correction, or have any questions about how we may use it; or to make a complaint, please contact us by mail at, FALKON DIGITAL LTD, 12-14 Shaw’s Road, Altrincham, WA14 1QU
Complaints make us cry but will be responded to within the next 60 days at the latest. If you are not satisfied with how your complaint was handled, you may refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
How do we receive your information?
We collect the following stuff:
- When you contact us directly, normally via our website or social media, or our Customer Service teams by phone, email, or to make an enquiry or other request
- When you use our websites, register to receive regular communications, enter competitions
- In order to ensure you receive relevant and personalised communication, the data we collect might include your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, products you are interested in, your interests, and information regarding what web pages are accessed and when.
How we use your information
We will use your information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Providing or managing any information, products or services which you have requested
- Notifying you of changes to our services
- To help us identify you when you contact us
- Responding to enquiries
- Dealing with entries into a competition
- For general administration purposes
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about marketing activities and promotions of our associated companies goods and services
We do not share your data with any other third parties, Sith nor Jedi, with the exception of:
- When we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes
- When we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings
- When we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you
- If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will take steps to make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
Legal grounds for processing your personal information
The use of your information set out above is permitted under EU data protection law on the basis of these principal legal grounds:
- where you have consented to the use you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent at any time sending an email to (email@example.com), clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails, or by writing to us at Falkon Digital,12-14 Shaw’s Road, Altrincham, WA14 1QU.
- where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you
- where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations
- where we use it to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights (our legitimate interests include promoting Falkon Digital businesses and tailoring news and offers to your profile, research and development of digital related products and services, detecting fraud and criminal activities)
- where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party
- There may be uses that are permitted on the basis of other grounds; where this is the case we will use reasonable endeavours to identify the grounds and communicate it to you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the new basis.
We don’t like to hold onto too much information for long if we don’t have to so we review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Information we may send to you
We like to stay in touch with people, better together and all that jazz but we will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails, email us firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact us at any time at the address above.
We may use your information to contact you with news about what we have been up to and other awesome services which may help your business and therefore be of interest we also are a marketing company so every now and then actually do this for ourselves so we may occasionally use for market research purposes.
If you give us your agreement to receiving marketing communications and subsequently wish to opt out, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails, email us at email@example.com, or by writing to Falkon Digital, 12-14 Shaw’s Road, Altrincham, WA14 1QU.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties, we cannot be clearer on this. No way José, no matter how much José offers!
We will not share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes; they can bog off with their BOGOF’s.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf, we don’t work with that many people anyway and any we do work with will have been agreed, discussed and approved by you in your particular situation.
We are very Pro Choice, you always have a choice with us!
You have a choice about using us, you have a choice about if you want coffee or tea when you visit, you have a choice about rich tea or chocolate bourbons to go with your brew, and almost as important you also have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive marketing information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our products and services, you can opt out by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact us at any time at the address above.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by phone because no one phones anymore!
We will not contact you by text message, cos’ that’s so 2009, we will not contact you by Whatsapp, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, email, Instagram, hologram or time travel, or whatever the cool kids use now to communicate without your prior consent.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post because we can’t even remember what a stamp looks like, but if we do find one in a drawer we will make sure you have opted in for postal communication. You can always change your mind though, we are good like that and you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at the address above.
How to access and update your information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Falkon Digital Ltd holds on you, about you and the accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com, or write us at Falkon Digital, 12-14 Shaw’s Road, Altrincham, WA14 1QU.
Security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information, at the moment we have the Valkyrie on standby to defend your data.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Non-sensitive details (e.g. your email address) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so we can contact you with information relevant to you. The data we collect might include your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, services you are interested in, your interests, and information regarding what web pages are accessed and when. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
We will not share your information with any other third party for their marketing purposes.
Use of 'cookies'
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our websites from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or under
As a family business we are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under, they are so influential at that age we wouldn’t want them sharing any information without thinking of it, be it an email address or selfie. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information, but most importantly stay in school and drugs are bad.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2021.